The Frog Plus features many of the great characteristics of a traditional paddle fin along with introducing a revolutionary new blade material that is both extremely durable and nearly indestructible
- Cressi’s latest addition to its extensive line of world renowned fins is the Frog Plus open heel scuba diving fin. The Frog Plus features many of the great characteristics of a traditional paddle fin along with introducing a revolutionary new blade material that is both extremely durable and nearly indestructible. The Frog Plus utilizes Cressi’s patented three material injection molding process. The three materials consist of a nice comfortable rubber on the foot pocket that extends up the side rails of the blade. The second material is the revolutionary new dual density techno polymer which forms the blade, and in conjunction with the third silicone based material creates a channeling effect. The channeling effect is the characteristic of the fin that enables a high level of energy to be transferred in both up and down strokes of the kick pattern. The Frog Plus also incorporates Cressi’s patented positioning of the foot pocket below the blade. This design increases the working surface area of the blade by 20%. The combination of the channeling effect and the foot pocket mounted beneath the blade creates a very powerful and efficient fin with minimal leg strain. Because of these characteristics, the Frog Plus fin is an ideal choice for the entry level to advanced diver. the rapid transmission of the applied energy and its great structural rigidity. It is applied to the shovel and inner area of the sole sandwich. He is very nervous and reactive and facilitates a very agile and effective flutter. It has a stress-performance ratio clearly superior to traditional materials (natural rubber or thermoplastic, polyurethane, EVA). Also, it has a great resistance to breakage to the point that Cressi guarantees its life for sporting use:
- Flexible elastomer: It is applied to the foot pocket and the areas that require flexibility and elasticity, since they influence the comfort of the diver: Footrest toe, interior of the sole and area of the instep in contact with the ankle. It is also assigned to the areas that require non-slip capacity: Inserts in the sole (area in contact with the ground) and anti-shock, such as the lateral nerves of the blade. The fusion of both materials is performed at the molecular level and its strength is guaranteed for life for sports use.
- Polypropylene of the high module: Especially reactive, it is applied to the nerves of the blade and is responsible for providing rigidity and return to the blade. This material connects the critical point of transmission of energy (the instep) with the nerves in one piece, avoiding the usual loss of energy through excessively flexible components of the foot pocket that produce a heavy, slow and fatigue fluttering the instep.
- It also uses several technologies common to the rest of the Cressi models.
- “Shoe design under the blade”: Now increasing its angle by 5%, the blade comes directly from the top of the foot pocket, solidly joining the fin to the foot and transmitting all the effort generated by flapping without loss of energy through soft areas. This format allows the water to be channeled from the same ankle to the final edge of the blade, unlike traditional models, in which the foot pocket has no contribution to the advance. Apart from improving the directionality of the flutter, this design provides a performance between 10% and 15% higher than what would correspond to the fin for its blade surface.
Thickness of the blade of decreasing profile “spina di pesce” to improve the directionality of the flutter and achieve a greater inertia of the final part of the fin.
Foot Pocket reinforced in the upper area by a supplementary thickness and laterally by two prolongations of polypropylene from the upper to avoid the dispersion of energy in the process of transmission from the foot to the blade.
FOOT POCKET with three differentiated volumes, with the central area narrowed so that the foot remains firmly fixed inside and the transmission of the foot-paddle effort is direct and precise.
Blue, Yellow, Pink, Black, White
XS/S (36/39), S/M (39/42), M/L (42/45), L/XL (45/47)